Friday, July 29, 2022

The War Against War

 

Antiwar

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The Hard Truth

                                    *Click to open website 

    When learning what I have learned throughout the overall course of this class, I have been prompted to ask myself many questions. Has technology truly helped us on a consistent basis? Is our overall media polluted with bias and seemingly unreliable sources? However, recently, especially with the current news of war between Russia and Ukraine, I have come to learn and understand that it is seemingly harder to find Antiwar sentiment and sympathizing. I looked at the suggested cites to see why, and came to the conclusion that the issue of why it seems as if there is little to no mainstream conversations of wars has to do with a multitude of factors. In my opinion, the biggest of these factors would easily be that of notoriety, clicks, and media. By that I mean to say this, general societal media has become more focused on stories and coverages that will result in high viewership and monetization rather than what people should know.  The prime example of this in my opinion would be the current Ukraine and Russia conflict as it seems to me that mainstream news cites focus more on giving information of our involvement in conflicts. I would also say that most mainstream Antiwar arguments would be buried under search buzzwords and articles. It would seem this would truly hurt and harm those who are in the pursuit of peace I truly think this is why I myself, and others cannot find Antiwar articles and cites as easy as others. This would also have to do with our general attention span as most times when we look up items on the internet we chose to only look at the first page. In the end this is what truly harms the knowledge and education of Antiwar Sentiment
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy

  Privacy: A Concept of Future Past? ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– The digital footprint of and tracking has been emphasized and stres...